Topic: 1.2 should I?

Ive just downloaded: punbb-1.2-dev.zip and it wont install, but i dont care about that, this is what i'm worrying about:

If I upgrade 1.1.5 -> 1.2   would i loose all my modifications, styles ect.?

It dont matter if 1.2 contains bugs etc. because my site is also in early development and if I find something I can nearly always resolve it smile

so would it be wise to upgrade 1.1 into 1.2 (ive got a backup of 1.1)
so really i'm asking is there any point in upgrading because I dont want to waste time by upgrading then having to restore a backup

Re: 1.2 should I?

It won't install? What happens?

Yes, you will lose your modifications and styles. I won't make any upgrade scripts for PunBB 1.2 as it progresses, so if you install it now, you won't be able to automatically upgrade when the final version is released. You could do it manually of course.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: 1.2 should I?

As far as styles are concerned, you will loose those even if you wait for the final release of 1.2 as the stylesheets are completely different.

I am going to try and come up with something to make the transition easier but that will have to wait until 1.2 is much closer to official release.