Topic: Display the GNU License and the valid xhtml statement

Hello,

PunBB is very great, I install it on my web site.

I am surprise that the GNU Public License is not displayed on the forums, therefore the users don't know it is GNU (too bad!).

Same with the xhtml statement that is not displated. One of theses little icones will be nice.

Just a suggestion,

Paul

Re: Display the GNU License and the valid xhtml statement

The fact that the source is released under the GPL is of no interest for people just using the forums. The same pretty much applies to HTML/XHTML validity.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

On a general point. Displaying the XHTML button is not a good idea where a site uses user contributed content. The reason is that although a script may be valid "out of the box" validity can be broken by users or careless admins.

E.g. if the markup is XHTML 1 Strict all you need do is put <br> in the anouncement box and it will no longer validate. The same applies to posting chunks of invalid markup between code tags.

Thanks for theses answers I agree on XHTML, I still think that having a link to the GPL will be great to EDUCATE visitors/users to Open Sources Programs.

Just a personal thought.

Thanks for answering and again VIVA PunBB

those interested in knowing it can read all about it here ... IMHO there's no need for a GNU link on the forum, those interested in knowing stuff will find it, I doubt someone will click a license link on a forum ... but ... that's my opinion, what Rickard does is up to him wink

I am very happy to have known punBB. I am just waiting to get credible content, so I can get my site up and use punBB. It should be also mentioned that punBB contains valid xHTML and CSS content according to W3C. And yeah, the Mercury and Radium skins are kinda cute!

Hats off to you Andy!