1 (edited by paolo 2004-09-09 18:57)

Topic: Post navigation (prev&next)

On the bottom left (before&after the numbers of the pages of the thread) it should be handful to have the next&prev button 'cause it's too slow to have with the mouse the precise click on that small number smile

Cheers,
P.

P.S.: Also on the topic list should be handful smile

Re: Post navigation (prev&next)

The problem with prev & next links is that they take up valuable space. The problem is even bigger in 1.2 where the page links are located to the left of the breadcrumbs.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Maybe "we" can use "<<" for "prev" and ">>" for "next"
They're bigger than a number and more simple to click smile

P.

I'm sorry, but there just isn't enough room in 1.2.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

paolo you could try to make a mod for it, or have some one make the mod, cuz that sounds like a good idea. i dont beleave it would be something big, but it might be nice

The only thing you would need to edit is the function paginate() in functions.php.

maybe « » as they are a little neater

But then it won't help. What paolo was after was something bigger :)

What about an accesskey on the links for the next and previous page numbers. Put it in the paginate function and it will work wherever there are page numbers. All the convenience of next and previous buttons with none of the clutter. Very good for accessability as well. Unless of course its already there, I haven't checked.

Rickard wrote:

But then it won't help. What paolo was after was something bigger smile

view | increase text size wink

Paul wrote:

What about an accesskey on the links for the next and previous page numbers. Put it in the paginate function and it will work wherever there are page numbers. All the convenience of next and previous buttons with none of the clutter. Very good for accessability as well. Unless of course its already there, I haven't checked.

I actually thought about that yesterday, but instead of digging into paginate() again, I put it on the todo list :)

i kind made a mod for it check it out
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4613

13 (edited by snapsolutions 2004-10-06 19:51)

How about Ebay-like navigation (Go To Page)?

snapsolutions: That's pretty neat. However, there's just no space for it :)

There is space for it on the bottom but methinks that dealing with top page numbers and bottom page numbers differently would be something of a pain.

The only way anybody is really going to get this is to do a mod and move the breadcrumbs up a row.

if your really desparate just type &p=20 on the end of the url