Topic: Can't Install/ sql connect error

Aight i don't know if its just my host or what i am doing wrong. I am not a retard i installed alot of boards in my day. Just my latest project wanted a board like this, they don't like the flashy images ect.

so yeah i put in all the info and get some bs about connecting to sql

Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server. Access denied for user: 'xxxxx@localhost' (Using password: YES).

This is when running the installll File. So this is what i am thinking. If i could get the sql code in raw i could just manually but i rather not disect the install.php file. and it would fail to create config file if i did it that way. So yeah not sure how to handle this hope someone can lend a hand.

Thanks much.

Re: Can't Install/ sql connect error

Well, the error message says it all. Connecting to localhost with the username and password you supplied didn't work. You need the correct login info anyway, so doing a manual SQL import won't help.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

The answer isn't quite fair, I think. I am having trouble accessing mySql as well and yes, all data is correct since it does work with textpattern, same db, different prefix.

People might be able to read and still not be a db expert. smile

Well, yes. But then again, there's not much I can do about it. The error message is what MySQL is telling PunBB. It was unable to login with database hostname, database namn, username and password supplied in the install script.

Might I ask if the username/password contains any "exotic" characters? It shouldn't be a problem though.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

You are very right that it's not your problem, of course. It's just that I felt sorry for the guy that noone else was jumping in. I didn't mean you, I guess you are busy with lots of other stuff.

I am getting "can't create indexes" while the db seems to be correct if I look at phpMyAdmin, but I know that doesn't belong here since it is about 1.2 and I believe it's about permissions.

On we go. smile