Topic: php code generation site

Well, I have one idea: Many site engines generate static html-pages to increase the load speed. But if there must be dynamic content(for example last forum posts menu), then this method will not work well.

But what about generating php-pages, that will contain some static text that doesn't change and some scripts to do page interactive? The number of db calls will be minimal, but the page will be fully interactive.

I don't think that only my idea, but i didn't find solutions in web. If anyone knows that there is some open-source realisation, please,  give a link. Or just appreciate my idea big_smile.

And another question: Why punbb 1.2 is made on div tags, not fully as <table>?

P.S. Sorry 4 my English.

Re: php code generation site

div is more correct the table for laying out content

have a look at the caching feature of pun1.2 i think its the kind of idea you are thinking of (saving data that doesn't change to files to limit db queries

div is magical somthing happen to this world, it first time i have play with css as power as in punbb 1.2.
(bad english tongue )

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

PunBB 1.2 rocks! I'm so glad it uses CSS!

Is it possible to print to a printer from a website writen with php?
In other words I would like to be able to print to a printer.

i think theres a javascript that makes the browser print the page but i don't think you can send pages directly to a printer as the browser would not allow it...

ctrl+p ?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

lol true