Topic: Some questions... some weird ones...

Hello!

I have my website on a server that's not mine, and I don't want to show the URL of the site too clearly so I used a dot.tk domain, but I can't login when I enter the site from that url... is there a method to hide the url?, or to try to fix the problem with the login when i'm using the .tk domain?... Anything, so I don't have to buy a domain, it's not that big.

The other thing, i'm using the links with the extern.php. And the problem is that I want to show the last topics on a new window, because it's showed on a frame. (and on a small one)... So, how can I configure the external links to the forum as _blank?.

Thanks! smile

Re: Some questions... some weird ones...

There is a thread around here somewhere about redirected domains. I think I remember the problem being with cookies in IE. Anyway, you can buy a domain for as little as $6.

Do you love physics? :) http://www.ilovephysics.com
Interested in Internet Marketing? http://www.keyliberty.com

3 (edited by Verlier 2004-10-18 05:54)

jchristophm wrote:

There is a thread around here somewhere about redirected domains. I think I remember the problem being with cookies in IE. Anyway, you can buy a domain for as little as $6.

Ok i'll search again... but buying a new domaing just for my little forum it's too much, yay for free services!!

-----------EDIT----------------

Okay okay... I found the same problem in this forum http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2754 and it seems there is nothing to do but to buy a domain... well

But what about the other issue?... the external links to be showed in a new window?. smile

There is one thing you can try. Open up header.php and add the following line before all the other header lines:

header('P3P: CP="CUR ADM"');

I'm not sure it will work, but it's worth a try.

Regarding links in new windows, you'll have to edit extern.php and add target="_blank". The line of code you want to change is 251.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

There is one thing you can try. Open up header.php and add the following line before all the other header lines:

header('P3P: CP="CUR ADM"');

I'm not sure it will work, but it's worth a try.

Regarding links in new windows, you'll have to edit extern.php and add target="_blank". The line of code you want to change is 251.

I hope it works

Thanks Rickard!, and thanks again for your work big_smile

6 (edited by Verlier 2004-10-18 15:52)

AND IT WORKS!!!!!!, oh my, i'm so happy big_smile:D:D:D!!!

-------------EDIT---------------

Errrrr, well... now i'm not happy. It seems that now when I enter from the .tk after I logged in from the full url, I keep the login and it's all ok, but when I logout and try to login inside the .tk it doesn't work...

Well, the other issue was solved smile

So, I think I'll buy a domain after all.

That's odd. Try removing your cookies.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

That's odd. Try removing your cookies.

sad doesn't work either... oh well