Topic: Admin -> Mod

I was configuring my forum and changed my status to Moderator, and when I'm trying to get my Admin status back, it says: You do not have permission to access this page. Is there any way to get the Admin back?

Re: Admin -> Mod

You'll have to change the database for that (as moderators can't change users to administrators). If you use phpMyAdmin or a similar tool, just set status to 2 (0=user, 1=moderator, 2=admin) on your user.

3 (edited by drake 2004-10-21 19:32)

And if I don't use phpMyAdmin? Guess I need to reinstal whole forum again.

EDIT: Now I know what phpMyAdmin is wink Um, could ypou tell me where is it in the phpMyAdmin tool? Im such a newbie

Then download it? It's a really great tool. But if you don't have anything important in the forum, a reinstall is easy enough.

morale: don't remove your own admin rights tongue

Perhaps you should build in some kind of protection against removing yourself as admin or banning/deleteing yourself.. i also accidentally made myself a user instead of admin in the beginning and had to change the DB... You would never really want to change your own status to something lower anyways.. so at least some kind of warning message would be nice... big_smile

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation - Oscar Wilde

7 (edited by drake 2004-10-22 07:11)

Yeah, I used to use phpbb, but I found this forum better and faster. I changed my friend user to mod and the forum automacicaly switched to my account, I thought its still his account so I changed the status to mod, and then... o.0

Can anyone tell me how to change the language by the way? I uploaded the folder with it, just need to switch it on and dunno how.

Edit $language in config.php.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

the way i protect my account is i make one main admin for forum config purposes only and then my regular user with admin priviledges that i use foru posting and whatnot. just an after thought for the future.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more