Topic: Mysql Problems...

My Web Host Has Mysql Software, And Php, And Perl, And a Lot More, Ive Set Up PunBB Perfectly, but when i uploaded it to the web and try to open it, it comes up with this message...

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server. Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES). 

I was wondering if anyone on here knows how to overcome this problem...

Re: Mysql Problems...

Try some of these, looks like when people forget to edit config.php this happens.

I don't think that's the problem here...

The Unforgiven wrote:

but when i uploaded it to the web and try to open it

Do you run the installation at home, and then upload it? Anyway, the problem is that the user you provided during the installation don't have access to the database.

Chacmool wrote:

Anyway, the problem is that the user you provided during the installation don't have access to the database.

that or its an invalid password ( i think that could be a cause)

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

i seriously doubt your webhost gives you root access

Frank H wrote:

Try some of these, looks like when people forget to edit config.php this happens.

edited that already

I dunno what the problem is and how to solve it tho...

your username and or password and or database name for mysql are wrong

You should upload first your PunBB and install it on the server. Be sure your server supports both php and mysql. When you simply installed it on your local computer  using your local host it means that it uses your local database, and simply uploading it after the installation retains your local configuration and not your  server configuration where you upload the file. roll

well the server supports php and mysql or you would get a different error

did all that before people, my mysql password i hav changed and changed the coding to follow, and i already have uploaded everything onto the net, its just something wrong that i cant understand

Sorry for double post

I just changed my user name and now it comes up with this:

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server. Access denied for user: 'The Unforgiven@localhost' (Using password: YES). 

And it says its a punbb error not an mysql error, thats y iv been posting it here...

you can't make up a mysql username you have to use the correct username for your mysql account

You have to use the username given to you by your host. Ask them for your mysql user name. It's usually the same name you signed up with or even your domain etc......

wwwtestcom@localhost

If you're on shared virtual server - root access may have been granted - since each user has its own 'root' access. You'll want to create a new user with less privileges.

Hello,

I had the same problem, i have my database created and the user in MySQL but i forgot to make the database link between the user and the database(don't know the right word).  I use webmin-mysql to do it, in a simple way.