Topic: PunBB at Slideroll

Just got PunBB up and running at Slideroll.

http://www.slideroll.com/forum

It was fairly easy to integrate the look and feel into my site, due to the easy-to-work-with templates.  The only hard part was integrating registration and login.

Also, for some reason loading the files in Dreamweaver MX would corrupt the files if I saved over them.  Many of the files would terminate halfway through.. the last characters were yy (with an umlaut).  Very strange.  Some kind of protection?

Thanks!

Re: PunBB at Slideroll

Excellent intergration with your site. One of the best I've seen.

Yes, that is definately one of the best integrations I've seed. Great job!

However, this just landed in my inbox:

Thank you for contacting Slideroll.

We have received your message and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
The Slideroll Staff

If someone has added me to a mailing list or anything of that kind, please remove me immediately.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard: Question: If somebody subscribes to a topic using an email address which is part of a system using an autoresponder, will you end if with the auto responses in your inbox? From your post I suspect the answer is yes.

Paul, you are correct.  I had subscribed to this thread, and I have an autoresponder on that e-mail address.  I just unsubscribed.  Hm... never even occured to me that that would happen.

Rickard, you aren't on any mailing list, no worries.  Thanks for the compliments!

I wonder what happens when two auto-responders lock onto eachother?  Do they get stuck in an infinite loop?  wink

Aha, that explains it :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

most auto-responder software has a protection from loops (i tried it before and both accounts got about 3 emails autoreponded then 1 saying the autoresponse was cancelled)