Topic: Private Message System

i want a pm system on my forum. it is a punbb one at last (i've been trying to get it to work for 2-3 weeks).
does any body know how to do it?

2 (edited by Connorhd 2004-11-10 18:58)

Re: Private Message System

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3087

try using the search button if you need anything else first wink

oh ok thnx smile

i can not get this to install. i think there might be some files missin or something :S

mark36ph wrote:

i can not get this to install. i think there might be some files missin or something :S

Can you give me some more information? Do you get an errormessage? Please enable debug-mode first. (If you don't know how, search this forum for info).

it says...

Warning: main(./include/common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mark36ph/public_html/test123/files/install_mod.php on line 83

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './include/common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mark36ph/public_html/test123/files/install_mod.php on line 83

when i try and install it

any ideas?

mark36ph wrote:

it says...

Warning: main(./include/common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mark36ph/public_html/test123/files/install_mod.php on line 83

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './include/common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mark36ph/public_html/test123/files/install_mod.php on line 83

when i try and install it

any ideas?

You have to put the install-file (install_mod.php) in the same directory as the other punbb-files.

ahhh i c
stupid me!!!

ok i have got this installed now but i still can not send pm's
i dont know how to get it onto my forum

read the instructions

lol, Connor, be nice to the newbs wink

have you changed the lines of code corectly?

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

ok i have now got the pm system installed but there is now 1 little problem that i can not figure out how to do.
how do i put a link to it on the forum were the home and userlist buttons are?

i have found were i edit the navagation bar and put in what i think is correct (same as the others) but it dont work sad

14 (edited by Connorhd 2004-11-11 19:03)

ok sorry i didn't realise you have no idea how to install a mod wink

ok first of all you don't just need to run the install_mod.php file you need to make a number of edits to other files the PM mod is pretty simple to do there is a file called Private_message_system_v1.1.3.html included with it, this shows the edits you have to make

i suggest you backup your site, make those edits then see how it goes wink

btw always wink read the readme.txt

15 (edited by mark36ph 2004-11-11 19:13)

errr yeah i just need to put a link on the navagation bar. thats all i need to do now. but i can't do it sad

WOOO i done it at last!!!

lol cool, anything else just ask wink or search it might have been explained before

ok thnx