1 (edited by lukepuuk 2004-11-12 16:42)

Topic: New site using PunBB

I started working on a new site for teachers in The Netherlands. I'm using Textpattern for the frontpage and PunBB for the forum. I like PunBB because it's a small forum that loads very quickly, because it is not too graphical.

I stripped the forum to match the style of my site. It's not finished yet!

Have a look!!!

Re: New site using PunBB

looks very nice big_smile and very well integrated

Yeah, it's nice. Though, it does not work at all in Opera...

Intercompatibility is a problem. I'm a beginner in CSS. I definitely want this site to work in:
- Mac Safari
- Mac FireFox
- Windows IE 6
- Windows IE 5.5
- Windows Firefox

I very much dislike MacIE5 (not under developement for two years) and Opera. So honoustly...

Fuck off Opera smile About 1% of Internet users estimate to surf with it. When it's compatible Mozilla / IE, it's already great smile

seems to work great for me, and i use opera 7.54

and oh yea, love the way integrated it, looks AWSOME

have you tried an extremly pale blue instead of the gray in the forum? it looks out of place to me something like #DBF0FF instead of #eee looks nice i think

8 (edited by lukepuuk 2004-11-13 00:06)

Connorhd wrote:

have you tried an extremly pale blue instead of the gray in the forum? it looks out of place to me something like #DBF0FF instead of #eee looks nice i think

I changed it to #DBF0FF. Have to look at it for a while before making a decision. I even changed it for the uneven posts. But I'm not sure...

Thanks anyway. BTW, integration process is not over yet. Forums tend to be very ugly and it's not easy to make them look really great. For me, a good start is to get rid of all the different shades of color and off course the borders. Together with a fixed width a forum looks already much better than it used to be.

i'm not sure if it looked better but grey looked out of place really since there is no other grey on the site maybe an even paler blue (#EBF7FF?) looks better

lukepuuk wrote:

I started working on a new site for teachers in The Netherlands. I'm using Textpattern for the frontpage and PunBB for the forum. I like PunBB because it's a small forum that loads very quickly, because it is not too graphical.

I stripped the forum to match the style of my site. It's not finished yet!

Have a look!!!

what about the copyright? Does it anoy you?

Ludo

Ludo wrote:

what about the copyright? Does it anoy you?

Ludo

I removed it (along with the complete footer) because I think it's just ugly. And I thought that's allowed:

Yes, but please don't. If you must, please try to keep at least "Powered by PunBB" with the link to this site intact.