1 (edited by lukepuuk 2004-11-14 19:00)

Topic: 4 customization questions

I want avatars to be aligned left, not right. Where can I change this?

Author (auteur) and Message (bericht) are white in my forum. 'Page' (Pagina's) is not. Where can I change it?

I adjusted the width of my forum. But the admin part of the forum is not adjusted. How can I do this?

I want the text 'post topic' to be a image. How can I do this?

Re: 4 customization questions

1. Class punavatar in the style sheets.

2. Open up viewtopic.php, search for "<td><?php echo $lang_common['Pages'].': '.$pages ?></td>" and add class="punhead" to the <td> tag.

3. That's odd. It should be.

4. You'd have to edit viewforum.php and viewtopic.php to show an image instead of a link.

None of these should be a problem or require editing of the PHP scripts in PunBB 1.2.

BTW, might I ask why you have a picture of the Swedish author Selma Lagerlöf in your avatar? :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

you can do 4 in 1.2 without editing the php scripts?

I believe so.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

1. Class punavatar in the style sheets.

I added float: left. Now it's in the center. Why is the avatar on this forum on the left and not on my forum?

2. Open up viewtopic.php, search for "<td><?php echo $lang_common['Pages'].': '.$pages ?></td>" and add class="punhead" to the <td> tag.

Fixed!

3. That's odd. It should be.

Not very important. For visitors everything wil have a fixed width without scrollbars

4. You'd have to edit viewforum.php and viewtopic.php to show an image instead of a link.

Couldn't find the exact location of the code yet.

None of these should be a problem or require editing of the PHP scripts in PunBB 1.2.

When will 1.2 be released?

BTW, might I ask why you have a picture of the Swedish author Selma Lagerlöf in your avatar? smile

Stumbled upon her picture recently. It's just a nice photo, my only reason to use it as a avatar. Are you Swedish?

New question!
I want everybody to subscribe before being able to post on my forum. It seems this is not possible. Everybody can post as loong as they enter a name and email address. Is this right?

lukepuuk wrote:

New question!
I want everybody to subscribe before being able to post on my forum. It seems this is not possible. Everybody can post as loong as they enter a name and email address. Is this right?

Look in the admin section, permissions page:

Guests may read forum
Allow guests (not registered users) to read the forum.      Yes    No
Guests may post replies
Allow guests (not registered users) to post replies to topics in the forum.      Yes    No
Guests may post topics
Allow guests (not registered users) to post new topics.      Yes    No
Guests may use search
Allow guests (not registered users) to use the forum search engine.      Yes    No

lukepuuk wrote:

I added float: left. Now it's in the center. Why is the avatar on this forum on the left and not on my forum?

I suck at style sheets, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that you have your forums in a wrapper div that is centered.

BTW, you have made an error in your template. You should move the wrapper div below the body tag.

lukepuuk wrote:

When will 1.2 be released?

Soon.

lukepuuk wrote:

Stumbled upon her picture recently. It's just a nice photo, my only reason to use it as a avatar. Are you Swedish?

Yes, I am :)

lukepuuk wrote:

I adjusted the width of my forum. But the admin part of the forum is not adjusted. How can I do this?

Fixed. It's because of all those fields. The cols="" and size="" were too wide.