Topic: What a day!

I was working on the server over SSH when all of a sudden, it just died. The fans were still spinning and the harddrive was making some kind of noise, but that's it. I tried rebooting it, but it wouldn't even go through POST. I'm not sure what's broken, but I really don't care. The important thing is that the harddrive is OK. I put it in my Windows box and used explore2fs to transfer over all important files. I've since moved the site over to a more or less unused server at sweclockers.com where it will sit for the time being. I was kind of in a rush, so I didn't mind setting up the site and all that. PunBB.org is going to move over to TextDrive.com and I thought this is as good a time as any.

Phew!

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: What a day!

server crashes suck, but it seems worse when your host moves your site and forgets the database...

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

ouch, hate when that happens
(had a similar thing with my normal computer ... one day it just didn't start ... turned out to be the mainboard and one memorystick that had decided to stop working ... ) ... hope it's not that bad.

Considering it's Pentium 3 450Mhz, I can't say I will lose any sleep over it :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

i have 1 thing to say:
PunBB Rulz! and Rickard also,

Yours, Benny.

6 (edited by Frank H 2004-12-02 22:40)

Rickard wrote:

Considering it's Pentium 3 450Mhz, I can't say I will lose any sleep over it smile

big_smile

Edit: oh, just noticed that my åäö looks rubbish in my profile ... going to update the profile to see if everything will be a-ok wink
Edit 2: yep it solved it ... so no biggie smile

Rickard wrote:

Considering it's Pentium 3 450Mhz, I can't say I will lose any sleep over it smile

finnally, a server at the speed of my compter big_smile

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Good thing the drive stayed spinning :)

unaceptable! wink

hope all is well.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Rickard, you probably need to run something on the database ... the åäö char is totally screwed up on the Swedish subforum ... but new åäö seems to work fine ...

Ah, Ok. I'll have a look at it. I think I know what the problem is.