Topic: What to do....with website

ok im so confused here, and latley iv been getin pissed at my site cuz i cant get it right and nothing feels good. what i want to do is have a community and community forums, and i know what forums im gona use but the site i dono what to do...

i also want a personal site and i wana give away some stuff like a journal or email or space or something. and i want a personal site where i can shre codes of mine, pictures and info.....but i dont realy know what i wana do.....if you have any ideas or suggestion i am all ears.

Re: What to do....with website

for the first one you need to choose some specific topic or reason or you probably won't get many members...

for the second one its a personal site so its up to you tongue

Most sites are built the other way round. Idea first followed by site. But if you need ideas, why dont you look at hobbies ie. model trains, bird watching etc. See what is available on the net for them and if very little, build a site.

1) choose a topic
2) find a good CMS
3) install the code CMS
4) stop reading this.

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

i don't think a good cms exists.

stewy wrote:

i don't think a good cms exists.

i beg to differ :)

let me guess, you think its nucleus?

Gizzmo wrote:

let me guess, you think its nucleus?

Nucleus is one, but there are many others in the open source arena.

I just happen to like the simplicity of Nucleus and PunBB.

it just seems that every cms i try is a huge bloated beast, with a million features i'll never need or want.

I've tried blog:cms but it came with a million plugins preinstalled, it became a headache, i just deleted it...

is nucleus better than blog:cms? Isn't bCMS based on nucleus?

stewy wrote:

is nucleus better than blog:cms? Isn't bCMS based on nucleus?

Blog:CMS is based on Nucleus with 60 plugins configured in the default install.

As far as what's better, that's a subjective question, like asking if Debian is better than Mandrake.

If you're looking for a CMS that just has the basics, then Nucleus is a good start, with plugins you can add functionality as you see fit.

All I can say is give it a try, and pick a skin: http://skins.nucleuscms.org

all i know is that i tried to remove some of the links.... didn't need a gallery or a wiki, but i looked thru the admin area and didn't find anything that looked obvious.... as to how i could remove it...

Necleus seems to look more like a journal type CMS

Gizzmo wrote:

Necleus seems to look more like a journal type CMS

All blogs are sorted by date, but with a one line change to sort by post title, then it becomes what you want it to be.

Both Nucleus and B2Evo have multi-blogs, with multiple blogs, you can make just about any type of site that you desire.