Topic: Hierarchy header

(From the 1.2 beta topic, which isn't the best place for feature requests...)

Just a thing: when displaying a list of topics or a topic, at the top it's a "hierarchy header", like here it's "PunBB.org Forums / Announcements / PunBB 1.2 Beta" (it looks like the same thing in 1.2 beta). But I think it's better if the first part of the hierarchy will display the name of the category instead of the name of the forum (here the category name is "PunBB"). It will be soooo useful for me. On my forum I've got two categories with same forum names inside and it's hard to find in which category I'm currently...

It would be very cool to include this into the 1.2 release smile

Re: Hierarchy header

There are a couple of problems with this. One is that you can't link to a category, so the category name would have to be "linkless" and that would look a bit funny I believe. Another problem is that I, and a lot of other people, use the left-most link to get back to the forum index. It's just more convenient to click than the home link in the header.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yes! I don't want to change the link url, just the link name! I just want to have the same link (to the forum index, just useful) but with the name of the category. In some words, instead of <a href="index.php">My forums</a>, I want <a href="index.php">Current category</a>.

a threaded view, perhaps?