Topic: PunBB Database - Game and Database... talk?

Hi, I am wondering where would I have to begin with this. I want to basicly make a program (computer game or something) talk with my PunBB forum.

For instance if it was a RPG I would like to be able have it say how much hp you had, and how much mp gold etc. From the last time you saved.

I can do all of the code for the game (using mysql and editing things inside of the game/ all internal code) but I don't really know where to begin about making things happen with PunBB :|

I know there are a few people who have connected online games with forums, so you can sign up on the forum and you have access to the game with an account as well. But they used different forums...?

I can get php and mysql code and how I would do things with the game. If maybe someone could help me who feels like doing something cool? :3

Thanks

Re: PunBB Database - Game and Database... talk?

i would have though you would use the user system from punbb (since its great), add an extra field for their RPGid which links to an rpg table with all their RPG stuff, then just use the punbb user system for the game and pull any stats you want from the game into the forum...