Topic: Need help to install.

I have downloaded PunBB and want to run it on my host, but I have some problems.

I have a Unix server with mySQL and php. I think I can run PunBB, I have comed to the part where you fill in information about the board, then install. The error is, I don't know what to fill in in the mySQL field. It's some long number I don't know where to find. What am I supposed to fill in in the different fields? Can anyone show/make a guide? Would be appreciated.

Btw, is it possible to add pictures to a PunBB board? Folders or logos?

Re: Need help to install.

http://s03.imagehost.org/0557/punhelp.gif

Foo is your database prefix, and that is most likely something else you created when naming your database. Put in the table prefix: it could be "bb_" "forum_" etc. Since you're running mysql just put in localhost for your configuration.

Hope this helps,

~Creaturecorp

I don't HAVE a signature, ok?

3 (edited by Andorin 2004-12-13 17:33)

This is the message I get:

Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server. Access denied for user: 'foo_mydbpass@localhost' (Using password: YES).

You shouldn't enter the values creaturecorp put in the different fields. You should fill it it with your own values. If you don't know what to put in them, ask your server administrator.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."