Topic: non-punBB links in new windows...

where did it go?
i thought it was in personal prefs...dont see it...
clicking a non-punBB-related link should open a new window, no?
(i open in a new tab, but thats another story)

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

Re: non-punBB links in new windows...

Definitly no. If you want it to open in a new window/tab, use shift/middle click.

See http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5249 for a discussion about it.

Why not have a choice in user Profile?
(it would not make punBB slower/bigger...)

"_blank" is not javascript - what do you see as a problem there?

anyone think tabbed browsing will become browser standard, so it can be included in w3org standards, as a new html-function?

- i do not want to sound like i am bickering - but as a normal browser person, i would like to prevent both "bads"; getting link in same window, thus leaving "original" page, AND getting a new window - i can prevent both by getting link into new tab. i do still miss the option in Profile, and cannot see why it would be "bad"...

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

well you can't use "_blank" since its against xhtml you have to use javascript and i think the idea behind not doing it is it should be the users choice how to browse the site not the webmasters really..

I agree with mi.
That's a problem. When a visitor clic on a link he goes out of the site...
target=_new would be appreciated.

Ludo,

Read the topic analogue linked to smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."