Topic: E-mail confirmation error?

First off, this is looking great man.  Easily the best XHTML/CSS forum I have ever seen.

I just changed by e-mail, and it sent a confirmation e-mail to my inbox.  Now, I use Opera, and since Gmail isn't supported, I had to access it in IE.  I click to link, and it gives me this error.

"You do not have permission to access this page."

Thus, I concluded you can't confirm an e-mail unless you're already logged in.  I think this should be fixed to automatically log you in you're not.

Keep up the good work.

Through the awful grace of God

"Dude, CSS and XHTML are like two boys who are deeply in love.  They're perfect for each other, but no one can acccept it."

Re: E-mail confirmation error?

but you need to be logged in so that the board knows its you confirming the email not someone else don't you?

Bradyn wrote:

Thus, I concluded you can't confirm an e-mail unless you're already logged in.

Which makes perfect sense to me.

Bradyn wrote:

I think this should be fixed to automatically log you in you're not.

Automatically log you in without supplying a username or a password? I'm not sure that's such a good idea smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Considering you're clicking a link from your inbox...

If you have access to that inbox, you have the user name.  And if you have that and the inbox you have the password.

Just a suggestion.

At the very least, redirect them to a login page?

I don't know.

"Dude, CSS and XHTML are like two boys who are deeply in love.  They're perfect for each other, but no one can acccept it."

Bradyn wrote:

Considering you're clicking a link from your inbox...

If you have access to that inbox, you have the user name.  And if you have that and the inbox you have the password.

Yes, but the idea is to not make the hyperlink itself dangerous in any way. I really don't think this is such a big issue. Very few people will be affected by it. I could redirect to the login form, but PunBB's redirects rely on HTTP_REFERER instead of the usual URL encoded destination in the query string, so people who, for some odd paranoid reason, choose to strip HTTP_REFERER, will get lost.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Fair enough.