Topic: Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server.

hello guys
please tell me what have i done wrong!?

Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server. #HY000Host 'blabla.sailclub.lv' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server.

am using XAMPP server for linux
;o,

Re: Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server.

Are the username and password correct?

servous wrote:

XAMPP: MySQL is not accessable via network. Good.
XAMPP: MySQL has a root passwort set. Fine! smile

i entered mysql root username and password in the field of install.php

stil no luck
;o,

4 (edited by servous 2005-01-07 13:13)

Hmm... I'm no MySQL expert wink
Do you connect from localhost, or from another location? And from which hosts are the root-account allowed to connect?

5 (edited by hogz 2005-01-07 13:18)

servous wrote:

maybe i should try setup PunBB bulletin board from server it self not from another machine (I'm using Slackware 10)

I can access web-based MyPHPAdmin from any machine i want, entering username and psw

If you run MyPHPAdmin from the same location as the MySQL-server it's always a local connection.
Either run PunBB from the same host as MySQL, or make sure that your account (root) is allowed
to connect from other hosts than localhost. I would recommend you to create another account with
host set to "%" (any), and not use the root account.

servous wrote:

If you run MyPHPAdmin from the same location as the MySQL-server it's always a local connection.
Either run PunBB from the same host as MySQL, or make sure that your account (root) is allowed
to connect from other hosts than localhost. I would recommend you to create another account with

k, i tried running install.php from server machine - no success

Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server. #HY000Host 'blabla.sailclub.lv' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server.

am afraid i can' t make any other extra account for mySQL, becouse XAMP linux server pack (see http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-linux.html) have already made one ...

servous wrote:

U are using phpbb already, why U post here! smile (saw Your webpage)

9 (edited by servous 2005-01-07 13:39)

http://kluster.org/

I forgot to update my profile wink