Topic: A little bug in config.php

The config.php that you have to do start with <?php and ends with ?>, maybe it's better to use the same way on boths.

Re: A little bug in config.php

that doesn't make sense <?php means the start of php and ?> means the end

I used php?> to close.... what I pretend to say it's to use <?php and php?> or <? and ?>, but not a mix of them.

I didn't even know you could use php?>. I figure that would render a parse error. The PHP documentation recommends <?php ?>

http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.basic-syntax.php

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I always used php?> to close it... and I don't get any error.... and I see it on a lot of manuals... and if you think in that it's very logic... <?php to open and php?> to close it...

Ok.... it's not a bug... it was my bug.

i've never seen php?> either i think the logic is <? and ?> mean server side script (same as <% and %> and the php just tells you its php incase something else happened to use <?

it's not listed on the php site either...

Language Basic syntax

8 (edited by Connorhd 2005-01-09 13:14)

i think php?> is not intended to work its just that anything before that ? is allowed abc123?> also works :S

edit: i can prove php?> is wrong

<?php
phpinfo()
?>

works

<?php
phpinfo()
php?>

gives Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in E:\webserver\www\test.php on line 3