Topic: Heres an interesting one, flood control renders admin unable to post

First off, relative Pun noob here. Great job on the board I am very impressed with it and look forward to further development.

So I was playing around with a fresh install today and decided to generate a bunch of posts in a thread in order to play around with the "Pages: 1 2 3" function but ran into a little quirk before I was able to.
Logged in under an admin account I went about posting replies to a thread. Reply page > Submit > /back button > Submit > rinse and repeat
However after about 20 posts @ ~ 2 per second I get this error:

At least 0 seconds have to pass between posts. Please wait a little while and try posting again.

Interesting

g_post_flood is set to 0 in all groups.

I created a normal user account and tried this out, 40 posts. No problem. Seems only to effect my admin account.
Now the real cooker: 20 minutes later I am still unable to post or create threads with the admin account!

Have I really run into a problem here or is there something I am overlooking?

Re: Heres an interesting one, flood control renders admin unable to post

yikes
It would appear I spoke too soon as two hours later it is working correctly. hmm
Rather odd that it would come out of it like that. sad

Hmm, very odd. You are unable to reproduce the problem?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Hmm, very odd. You are unable to reproduce the problem?

Unfortunately no, not as yet.
I am not quite sure how I got myself into that position in the first place, it was rather unexpected.

I did another fresh install and played around for a bit with no luck. I'll do some more abusing over the next few days and see what I can come up with.
I'm a tad disappointed that I have been unable to track it down thus far. hmm