Topic: Need some help if you're so inclined

I don't know if I should be asking here, but what the heck. I've started a site called Bwongar.com that focuses on development from a conceptual angle. Most other sites (phpBuilder, DevShed) have articles like "How to add a counter on your site" or "How to add a counter on your site"... you get the picture.

My site is geared toward enabling the users learn the correct way to do things without ads or other nefarious interruptions.

Current sections are:
- PHP
- MySQL
- CSS
- Javascript
- Linux

But I'm always on the lookout for more. If you'd like to help, I'd be eternally grateful. I'm just looking for some well written articles. All the site code of Bwongar is 100% home grown (save for PunBB) and will soon be open to the public.

If you have any questions, please email me at admin AT bwongar DOT com or post here. You can see examples of my articles and the site look in my sig.

Thanks!

Re: Need some help if you're so inclined

Mmm
I took a look at the site, but one thing struck me as odd: for some reason, everytime I load the page, for a split second, it's loaded without the stylesheet. If you need, I can show you a screenshot. It's not really a big deal, but it does make the page look funny.

3 (edited by Paul 2005-01-11 01:53)

Smartys: that happens because he's using @import  rather than link rel for the stylesheet. A lot of sites suffer from that problem. There is an aticle on it here which also provides the cure
http://www.bluerobot.com/web/css/fouc.asp

Ah, cool, that makes sense Paul smile

I'm planning to change it when I work out some sort of dynamic style sheet system.

i might try and post sometimes but i'm not very good at doing stuff like writing articles