Topic: How to modify language for all users?

Hi,

After updating, every users are in english.
When you have many users, it's anoying to change their profile one by one to French for my example.
Can it be done by a sql query? If yes which?

Ludo,

Re: How to modify language for all users?

I have asked the same question .... smile

It can be done with an SQL query, yes.

UPDATE users SET language='French'

I will write a plugin for this (and for changing styles), but I just haven't had any time.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yes, works perfectly with

UPDATE  punBB_users SET language='French';

Thanx Rickard (and thanx about the parser.php)

Maybe the choice of the language could be made in the update script?
I mean for example, when a forum is in french, we could directly choose that all users would be in french. And if some users want another language, they could change it in their profile.

Ludo,

Rickard wrote:

It also works for me. Thanks Ricard!

Ludo,

Rickard wrote:

It can be done with an SQL query, yes.

I will write a plugin for this (and for changing styles), but I just haven't had any time.

I ran into a similar situation, putting most of my users into a new group after the upgrade to 1.2.  It was only about 12 users ('tis a small board) but I imagine bulk changes of group membership may also be desirable alongside bulk changes to language/style if you ever do such a plugin.

Nukenin: It's on the list smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Ludo wrote:

Maybe the choice of the language could be made in the update script?
I mean for example, when a forum is in french, we could directly choose that all users would be in french. And if some users want another language, they could change it in their profile.

Ludo,

The problem is that not all languages from 1.1 are available for 1.2. I will consider it though.