Topic: favicon.ico?

How about adding an official favicon to PubBB?

Comments/Ideas etc...

Looks boring in the Phoenix bookmarkpanel...

Re: favicon.ico?

Sure. I'm not a big fan of favicons myself, but it's really easy to add, so why not :)

It would be nice if someone would help out in designing the icon. The logo can be found in this topic: http://punbb.org/viewtopic.php?id=2196

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by RNilsson 2003-04-25 02:24)

Fick inte riktigt till det med hela fyrkanten...

Inte mycket å hänga i granen, men än dock ett försök:
Den finns här:
http://www.nonet.org/punbb/punbb.ico (Vit bg med svart text) den är 318byte stor.

Rickard wrote:

Sure. I'm not a big fan of favicons myself, but it's really easy to add, so why not smile

Does the path for the favicon.ico goes into index.php or somewhere else?
Not really an HTML expert, sorry wink

I just throw my favicon.ico in the root and it seems to work.

You could also do this in your index.html or index.php:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="./favicon.ico" />

6 (edited by snapsolutions 2004-08-23 19:23)

It doesn't work when I throw the file in my root folder.

This is what I did (just found this on google)

Upload the ICO file to, say, images/favicon.ico. Then add the following lines in the header.php file, somewhere between the "<?php" and "?>" tags:

echo "<link rel=\"icon\" href=\"images/favicon.ico\" type=\"image/x-icon\">";
echo "<link rel=\"shortcut icon\" href=\"images/favicon.ico\" type=\"image/x-icon\">";

It's working great smile

Thanks again

7 (edited by hcgtv 2005-01-12 23:07)

Dude,

I like the favicon smile

Edit: For those that use Firefox and want to see the favicon show up in the bookmarks and it had an icon before, like I did, you have to remove the bookmark and add it back again. Favicons are stored in your bookmark file so they don't get updated for some reason when a new one is used.

whoa that was quick

Actually, it's the icon RNilsson posted that ConnorHd then edited to add transparency. I then stole it from him smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."