1 (edited by sporkit 2005-01-12 18:38)

Topic: update error

Notice: Undefined index: g_id in /files/sites/thleague/q_fix/include/functions.php on line 150

Notice: Undefined index: username in /files/sites/thleague/q_fix/include/functions.php on line 167

Notice: Undefined index: username in /files/sites/thleague/q_fix/include/functions.php on line 167

Notice: Undefined index: g_read_board in /files/sites/thleague/q_fix/index.php on line 30

Notice: Undefined index: g_search in /files/sites/thleague/q_fix/include/functions.php on line 240

Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used twice in /files/sites/thleague/q_fix/include/functions.php on line 909

i followed the directions exactly but am getting this error when i visit index.php.  i have modded my boards pretty heavily and maybe this might be part of the problem.

Re: update error

Did the update script complete without any errors? It seems your $pun_user array isn't being filled up correctly in check_cookie().

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by sporkit 2005-01-12 19:10)

yes actually it did.   i deleted everything except config.php and the img gallery.  then i ran the upgrade script.  it gave me a success message.  after that i deleted $language out of config.php and added my secret key.  im not even really sure what the key is all about.  i only added that to config.php.

heres a snapshot of the db.
http://www.sporkit.com/misc_links/quick … t.php.html

its embarrassingly messy.  the forum im concerned about is prefix forum_ , plain forum prefix without the _ is something i should have deleted a long time ago.  also cpg prefexs are all for my photogallery.

But you said you had made modifications to the scripts? How can you have done that if you just updated to 1.2.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

5 (edited by sporkit 2005-01-12 19:12)

ahh when i say i had mods i mean i had the EFAM, the private message system, and also the vote mod.  whats the connection to the irc channel.  are you on it now?

Yes, I'm online. #punbb on Quakenet.

ahh, just relized they block irc on my schools connection.  ill be signed on aim sn: sporkit17.

well i setup a test server and turned on debug mode.  http://www.thleague.no-ip.com/upload/userlist.php is kinda working. 

the debug box says its some kind of a sql error.   i was thinking it might just be easier to setup a new forum then updated it with the data from my old db.  is there any good software for something like this?

if you want i can do the upgrade manually for you, email me your sql dump to connorhd@gmail.com and i'll send you the upgraded dump tomorrow

wow that sounds great.  i wont be home tonight but expect it sometime soon for me.  i really appreciate your help.  heh, maybe you could expalin what went wrong too. :'o

i'll try wink