1 (edited by dot 2005-01-14 22:22)

Topic: animated avatars, forum subscribe, email export, censor list import

First, very nice software. Thank you very much. It's great when people do this kind of good work and the rest of us can use it.

Four suggestions here. It's possible I may not be seeing how to do some of the following:

1. Animated Avatars - a way to ban them from the board would be great, or at least a way to keep them from doing their animation.

2. Forum subscribe - personally I would prefer this to the topic subscribe. For instance, a host I use puts any really important messages in one particular forum which can be subscribed to. Then if something urgent or really important occurs, I get notified automatically and immediately. But, admittedly this isn't that big a deal.

3. Email export - Is there any easy way to get all the usernames and email addresses?

4. Censor list import - at least the ability to open a file and paste in a whole list of censored words would be good.

Re: animated avatars, forum subscribe, email export, censor list import

1. Mod the avatar upload to not allow gif images, a quick and dirty way, but should get rid of them wink

4. if you have myphpadmin or a similar tool, just use cvs import, and go to the censoring table, at the structure info there should be a "import data from file" or something similar ... that thing can put in data into the censor thing from a file ... really not much one have to do to get it working...