Topic: Hide user data from guest

How can I hide a member's profile from un-reggistered users?

Re: Hide user data from guest

You can't. On the other hand, e-mail addresses are not displayed for guests, so it's not the end of the world.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

would it be possible if in the fuctions.php file you moved the userlist section down so only members can view that?

that would not help at all, it would just remove userlist from the menu but it can still be accessed and its not the userlist its the profiles
you could just add
if (!$pun_user['is_guest']) {
profile.php stuff
}
else {
error('go away')
}

5 (edited by tres 2005-01-18 16:32)

I changed line 30 of profile.php to:

if (($pun_user['g_read_board'] == '0' || $pun_user['is_guest']) && !isset($_GET['key']))
    message($lang_common['No view']);

Can permissions like this be handled by mods?

No, permissions are set by administrators only.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

tres: I do believe putting ?key=a in the URL gets you around that wink

Which has been reported earlier, yes.

Duh... thanks,

A better test,

if (($pun_user['g_read_board'] == '0' && !isset($_GET['key']) || $pun_user['is_guest']))
    message($lang_common['No view']);

If I make this an option on the admin panel how do I submit the changes?

Erm, hopefully you don't have the verification thing enabled: that would mean you can't use verification wink

11 (edited by tres 2005-01-21 17:34)

I'm not sure what you mean.

I tested by using a different browser, and registering as a new user.  Password was sent by email and I was able to login and post.

I meant if you actually had to use the key variable (if you choose Verify new registrations in Admin Options).