Topic: Site Main Link

It would be rather simple to integrate a feature where the administrator could setup a link to their site's main page. Not all sites that run Pun use Pun as their main page tongue On mine it was a simple adjustment of the generate_navlinks() function but I wouldn't want to have to do that every time I updgrade.

Re: Site Main Link

I agree. I miss it myself. I wonder where it would be placed though. One could put it to the far left of the navigation links, but what would you call it? Home? I think it can get confusing.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

On my site, I called it 'Bwongar Main' (bwongar is my site, if you couldn't tell), and then 'Forum Index'.

Take a look if you like

Or you could just drop it into main.tpl and use absolute positioning or floats to put it wherever you like.

What I did for http://devmnky.info was to just edit the generate_navlinks() function in /include/function.php to add this line (around line 232):

$links[] = '<li><a href="your_url_here">Link Name Here</a>';

This is probably the easiest way to add your home link.

Just so you know, I've added a feature to 1.2.1 that will allow you to do this without hacking the source.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard is the man.

Thanks Rickard! smile

So when will 1.2.1 be coming out? wink

Awesome smile

Be patenent (spelling....), we just got 1.2 not that long ago

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Pretty soon.

is Pretty soon nearer than Soon? tongue