where found I hte config.php ?

Re: config

?? hummz help my

3 (edited by mark36ph 2005-01-29 11:25)

are you tryin got install punbb 1.2??
if so you need to creat config.php.

go to http://yourdomain.com/forums/install.php
follow the instuctions from there. it is very simple to install.

jeh I know were
put I this  int hte config.php werhe found I the config ??
<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = '';
$db_username = '****';
$db_password = '****';
$db_prefix = 'For_';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = '***';

define('PUN', 1);

?>

5 (edited by mark36ph 2005-01-29 11:32)

yes, make sure you have the datebase name and username and password all init aswell. then make sure there are no spaces after or befor the <?  ?> parts.

edit - just out of curiosity, were are you hosting your forum?

WHERE FOUND I TJHE CONFIG /Upload/.....

The config.php DOESNT exist from the begging, you will have to create one yourself.

For example, open Notepad -> paste the information you get from the install (the one you posted above) -> save -> filename: config.php -> filetype: all files (or whatever its called in your operatingsystem).

When you've done this, just upload the file to the same directory that you uploaded the rest of the pun-files.

8 (edited by mich 2005-01-29 11:56)

Error sad everwere Have I this

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/grambla/public_html/Forum/upload/config.php:1) in /home/grambla/public_html/Forum/upload/include/functions.php on line 138

you need to make sure theres no lines or spaces becore and after the <?php and ?> in config.php

not working sad

if you have an error on line one on config.php then you obviously have a space at the top befor the <?   delete that line and it should work.

Hummzz
I delete is
I Save is  -< upload it -(notwork) - I open it (config) and am have again spaces neutral hu neutral

Take the example config.php file that comes with PunBB and just edit the variables so it matches the text install.php gave you. Then upload config.php into the root directory of Punbb.

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer