Topic: Running 1.2.1 now

I just updated these forums to 1.2.1. I'll hold off on the release for a few hours just in case there are any serious bugs (which I doubt).

I just love the increased font size. I don't know what I was thinking when I made all that text 10px smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: Running 1.2.1 now

well done on the upgrade.
looking forward to release smile

Nice with the menu under the posts: "Index >> PunnBB disc..". I've added that manually to my forums. Is there gonna be a problem with the update then?

nice smile

is there a list of changes that have been made from 1.2 to 1.2.1?

#5 i think that will come when he releases 1.2.1

7 (edited by mark36ph 2005-02-01 20:57)

ahhh ok, i was just woundering due to him having 1.2.1 on his site now.
thank you.

Rickard wrote:

I just love the increased font size. I don't know what I was thinking when I made all that text 10px smile

you were thinking wow its nice and neat and cool and its not as good big tongue

don't worry i'm just against change wink

Mmm, I came and did a double take tongue
How do you change the "no new posts" indicator back to how it was in 1.2? I like it better there then here, tbh tongue

Smartys: What do you mean? It hasn't changed in appearance as far as I know.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

I just updated these forums to 1.2.1. I'll hold off on the release for a few hours just in case there are any serious bugs (which I doubt).

Nice change. Actually, since it felt natural I didn't notice the increased font size until I read your post about it. wink

btw breadbrumbs at the bottom is very good

I just love the increased font size

Yes yes yes, please.

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Smartys wrote:

How do you change the "no new posts" indicator back to how it was in 1.2? I like it better there then here, tbh tongue

If you saw them as black, you need to clear your cache and refresh.

Paul wrote:
Smartys wrote:

If you saw them as black, you need to clear your cache and refresh.

Good call Paul: I was scared for a sec tongue
*tweaks his cache settings*

Looks good smile
I just dont like the new size.. I have my screen at the smallest it can get for a reason. But its an easy mod to do

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

personally i can not tell a difference with the size at all hmm
is it just me or is there a certain setting on my computer that makes it not change?

mark36ph wrote:

personally i can not tell a difference with the size at all hmm
is it just me or is there a certain setting on my computer that makes it not change?

i cant see any change eather..

I think the two of you need a trip to the optician. The size of ordinary text has increased from 10px to 11px There is no change in the size of headings or post contents.

I mucho like the addition of the breadcrumb trail at the bottom.  I never said anything about it before -- I just planned to add it myself.  Thankyou, thankyou, it's a good thing.

I don't notice the increase from 10px to 11px either.  It's still small.  I'm on Win-XP-home, Mozilla-1.5.  Why not just use ems instead of pxs?

Really at 1280x1024 a one pixel difference isn't all that much...
But it's nice to know your thinking of our eyes smile

I like soup.

D9r wrote:

I don't notice the increase from 10px to 11px either.  It's still small.  I'm on Win-XP-home, Mozilla-1.5.  Why not just use ems instead of pxs?

We do. However, the base font size is set in pixels (and a percentage for IE scaling support).

Will this mean I have to edit my custom CSS?

D9r wrote:

Given the choice I would rather just use pixels because Gecko browsers have problems with anything else but then you couldn't increase the text size in IE.

Fire Fusion wrote:

Will this mean I have to edit my custom CSS?

Yes but in your case it should just be the colour scheme file.