1 (edited by Smokey 2005-02-03 11:32)

Topic: register.php error

I am getting alot of people emailing me saying that register.php is saying this:

ou don't have permission to access /forums/register.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I haven't done anything to the permissions? But just for the sake of checking, what should be the correct permissions, 644 right?

This is  Version: 1.1.5

Re: register.php error

Yes, 644 should be fine. Try re-uploading that particular file.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I reuploaded it and it still gives the same errors. What can I do to fix this? Do you suggest I upgrade to 1.2.1 ?

upgrade maybe is a wise idea big_smile

Yeah but I heard there's some problems people have with upgrading from 1.1.5 to 1.2.1, is that true anymore? Is everything fixed now?

Smokey: As far as I know, only people who had previously converted from a different board (e.g. phpBB) had problems upgrading.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

all right thanks for the info. Ill go ahead and upgrade.

Everything works now, thanks Rickard & Shamir, I'll donate to punbb when I get my taxes done, I promise! Thanks for this software big_smile