1 (edited by Talikar 2005-02-06 21:53)

Topic: Not sure if this has been posted before, but anyway...

If someone uses the
tag and the line is large, it will have the scroll bar going to the right/left, but, if you try to highlight the code inside, it won't let you scroll to the right so you can't highlight all of it unless you double click it.

Also, if you right-click inside the code box and click "Select All" It will select all in the page.

BTW I'm using Firefox. Also, if it's suppose to act this way, I can live with it. Wouldn't let something like that prevent me from using the best board out there (imo, and I've tried a lot of boards). wink

Re: Not sure if this has been posted before, but anyway...

You don't need to scroll. If you are selecting multiple lines that it automatically selects to the end of each line even if you can't see it. If you are selecting one line it lets you drag so again you don't need to scroll.

If you want to select everything, double click at the beginning, hold down shift, click at the end of what you want to copy.

As for "select all" selecting the whole page, thats the way "select all" is supposed to work i.e. select all means all on the page.

3 (edited by Frank H 2005-02-06 22:26)

I singleclick , and shift+singleclick ...

(lol, if I hold down shift and doubleclick my FF removes that text (that paragraph?) big_smile)

LOL, it does the same for me tongue

Paul wrote:

You don't need to scroll. If you are selecting multiple lines that it automatically selects to the end of each line even if you can't see it. If you are selecting one line it lets you drag so again you don't need to scroll.

If you want to select everything, double click at the beginning, hold down shift, click at the end of what you want to copy.

As for "select all" selecting the whole page, thats the way "select all" is supposed to work i.e. select all means all on the page.

Yeah, I know that's how selecting all works, I just figured that the box would have been using jscript to limit it to the box itself (not sure if that's possible though, so maybe not wink).

Anyway, ok, I'll do that from now on, thanks for the reply. smile