Topic: HTTP errors?

I'd just like to say, I DID read the sticky post on the referrer error, and I can't be sure, but it seems like mine is different. 

It doesn't say the word "bad" in there anywhere, so I am taking a stab in the dark and not posting in that sticky...

Anyway, here is the error I am getting trying to access the admin functions:

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

This is the same in IE, FireFox.

I have no mysterious settings, no odd plugins.

I have no firewall in place.

I have no anti-virus in place.

My base_url is set to http://stoozserv.hopto.org/punbb

I am typing that exactly into the browser and the error still appears.

I'm sorry if this belongs in the sticky http error thread, it just didn't seem to be the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: HTTP errors?

it doesn't belong in the sticky its not the http_referrer error, does it happen when you view the admin page or just when you edit it? it could be a problem with your server rather than punbb

Just when I try to access the admin page.

Are you running IIS by any chance?

Try re-uploading the files. Maybe also make sure that there are no permission problems.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yes, I am using IIS 6.0.

Ok, going to check all permissions.

sTo0z wrote:

Yes, I am using IIS 6.0.

*shiver*

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:
sTo0z wrote:

Yes, I am using IIS 6.0.

*shiver*

Hehe. smile

9 (edited by sTo0z 2005-02-12 17:24)

Ew... looks like it's a nasty problem with IIS.   I'm screwed. tongue

Oh well, gonna' miss this forum software.. was so close. sad

EDIT:

Well I was goofing around some more(nothing else to do today) and I upgraded to PHP 5.0.3.

Looks like that was a bad idea.   Now when I load index.php I get these:

Notice: Undefined index: cid in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\punbb\index.php on line 50

Notice: Undefined index: redirect_url in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\punbb\index.php on line 90

Notice: Undefined index: fid in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\punbb\index.php on line 100

Notice: Undefined index: forum_name in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\punbb\index.php on line 100

Notice: Undefined index: num_topics in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\punbb\index.php on line 101

Notice: Undefined index: num_posts in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\punbb\index.php on line 102

Notice: Undefined index: forum_desc in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\punbb\index.php on line 105

Notice: Undefined index: last_post in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\punbb\index.php on line 110

Notice: Undefined index: moderators in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\punbb\index.php on line 115

install apache www.wampserver.com

Are you runnning ASP/ASP.NET applications on the same server?

Are you running PHP in CGI mode or as ISAPI module? If by the former, you should switch to the ISAPI mode.

Concerning the "Undefined index" messages, your new PHP 5 installation most probably has "Notice" message activated. You can turn them off with the error_reporting directive in php.ini.

CityPics.org - The world at your fingertips
CP's forums - The forum at your fingertips

drzoid wrote:

Concerning the "Undefined index" messages, your new PHP 5 installation most probably has "Notice" message activated. You can turn them off with the error_reporting directive in php.ini.

No. PunBB purposely sets the PHP error reporting to E_ALL.

14 (edited by drzoid 2005-02-12 20:11)

Rickard wrote:

No. PunBB purposely sets the PHP error reporting to E_ALL.

Oh, I see. But then I actually wonder why these notices do not always appear, because I can nowhere near see a check whether $cur_forum['cid'] is set.

CityPics.org - The world at your fingertips
CP's forums - The forum at your fingertips

The errors you posted above from PHP5 are very strange. If none of those values are set, PHP shouldn't have entered that if clause at all. Do you know any PHP yourself? Perhaps you could do a little debugging and find out what the problem is.

16 (edited by sTo0z 2005-02-13 02:37)

I do know some, nowhere near as much as you, but I'll definately take a look. smile

Thanks Connorhd for that page!  I never knew anything like that existed.  That will make the apache hassle much easier to deal with.

I'll take a look at both paths, thanks guys.

EDIT: Switched to the wamp package and all my problems went away. smile

I think I'll stick with that. wink

lol, btw if your using that for a live webserver make sure you delete or put a password on phpmyadmin wink

Yep, yep, already edited the config files and changed the default passes on MySQL.

All set now.    Thanks again guys, you rule.