Topic: IE7 and next IE update divorced from Windows

http://news.com.com/Reversal+Next+IE+up … tml?tag=nl

Re: IE7 and next IE update divorced from Windows

Well this forces everyone to go to SP2, I refuse to install a service pack that makes my online experience run slower.

What I think is happening is that Firefox is cutting into their market share and to wait for Longhorn for a new browser would be suicide.

I'm loving every minute of this smile

form the news clip..

Firefox, a free Web browser developed by a network of software programmers, has given Internet Explorer competition for the first time since Microsoft overtook the Netscape Navigator in the late 1990s to become the dominate way computer users view the World Wide Web.

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

hcgtv wrote:

Well this forces everyone to go to SP2, I refuse to install a service pack that makes my online experience run slower.

are you talking about Event ID 4226 that can easily be patched? otherwise, i don't know what you're talking about.

lament wrote:

are you talking about Event ID 4226 that can easily be patched? otherwise, i don't know what you're talking about.

Cool, a patch, I still wouldn't go to SP2. I'm happy with SP1, no updates, but I don't use IE or OE.

LvlLord wrote:

The method described here, should only be used by users, who know how to handle all the described. With the download of the here published program the user know, that changes are made on third party files. For damages in every kind I cannot be hold responsible for. Indeed, tests worked fine here. However, nothing is impossible.

Don't go an get all excited. The word is it will be not much more than a security fix anyway and will continue to use the IE6 rendering engine.

And honestly you're silly if you don't update to SP2.  it's a lot more stable than when it first came out, and has better wireless networking controls.  There have been a few patches and fixes that have stabilized it.

The new added security features are great for the noobs, and can easily be turned off for the advanced users.