Hi all,

this is line 180-186 in AP_News_Generator.php

</form>
        </div>
    </div>
<?php

}
ÿÿ

note those 2 characters at the end.  it seems that a couple of files have that little anomaly when I edit in Dreamweaver, and I don't know if it's the transfer or what.  so what is line 186 supposed to be?

thank you!

Re: The last lines of AP_News_Generator.php

Nothing. The script ends after the }

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by lament 2005-02-25 01:03)

when I remove the chars, i get a parse error.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /path/to/AP_News_Generator.php on line 185

Hmm, odd. Have you tried redownloading it? Perhaps the file is just generally corrupt smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

yeah i just downloaded it and put it (without modifying it) and it looks like i'm ok.

so i'm thinking Dreamweaver is freaking out when i try to edit it, or it's DW's built in FTP sending it as ASCII or Binary. sad

i'll try upping with FileZilla..

I have the same problem with Dreamweaver... but only for certain files (config.php & index.php). And it seems to be only files related to this forum (never seen this happen for any other php-file). 

Don't however know the reason for why it happens here.

The files where problems like this occur I simply correct with Notepad.

I'm only guessing here, but I think it may have something to do with Dreamweaver having problems with *NIX formatted files.