Topic: Cache?

For the last month I have been hacking PunBB to fit the needs of my site I am working on that is to be released next month. When I change a setting in the AdminCP I always get an error message that invovles the file, "cache.php." Please someone tell me what is going on. Here is one of the messages I have gotten.

An error was encountered
File: /home/linux/public_html/forums/include/cache.php
Line: 175

PunBB reported: Unable to write quickjump cache file to cache directory. Please make sure PHP has write access to the directory 'cache'

There is no cache.php in the /include/ folder and on top of that the /include/ folder has the chmod of 777!

Jordan

Re: Cache?

There obviously is a cache.php in the include folder. That's where the error occured. Also, you should not chmod the include folder, but the cache folder.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

There obviously is a cache.php in the include folder. That's where the error occured. Also, you should not chmod the include folder, but the cache folder.

Maybe I should have explained myself better. I have been getting two errors that invovle the file "cache.php." One error said the file /cache/cache.php and one error was the one above. The chmod on both folders is 777 (just until the issue is resolved) and there only exist a cache.php in the includes folder and not the cache folder.

Can  you please give me a in-depth soultion to this problem? I would appreciate it. smile

Try removing all PHP scripts in the cache folder.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Try removing all PHP scripts in the cache folder.

Thanks! That fixed it right up!