1 (edited by snapsolutions 2005-02-25 18:35)

Topic: Scattered accuracy

Scattered accuracy
There could be snow, and then again, not

If there is one thing Russians know all about, it is bad weather. Or is it? The Mayor of Moscow has just declined funding for the city?s meteorological bureau. He is threatening to withhold the money until agreement is reached forcing weather forecasters to pay a penalty for incorrect forecasts. Muscovite weathermen are protesting against the decision, of course ? insisting that their predictions have become much more precise recently. But can you ever trust a weatherman? They are well meaning enough, like a kindly aunt who fears for your welfare and reminds you to remember your mac, just in case. But, had you asked anyone sauntering through London yesterday during the notorious Blizzard of 2005, fear does not equal fact. While the rest of the country made snowmen, the capital looked longingly skyward. Hardly a flake fell.

I had a good laugh smile

Re: Scattered accuracy

That's awesome.
I think that we should do that everywhere.
Weathermen are just powerless shamens in nice jackets.

I read somewhere that if you claim that the weather tomorrow will be exacly like it was today, you are, on average, more correct than what meteorologists can predict two days in advance.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Ooooo...

I win again!