Topic: Change the main table width?

Hi,

I've tried finding the 100% value for the main table for a couple of hours with no result.

All i want to do is change it from 100%(if it is 100 then) and put in 800px, where in the code is this possible?

Hoping for answears...

-MiXmAsTr

Re: Change the main table width?

Which version of PunBB. If 1.2.* the only tables are the main content areas on index, viewforum and search results. Do you really want to reduce them to 800px and leave the rest of PunBB full width?

3 (edited by mixmastr 2005-02-24 20:44)

The version is 1.2.1.

I want everything to be 800px width. So it fits under my header logo...

-MiXmAsTr

Item 5.1 in Oxygen.css
change this
#punwrap {margin:12px 20px}
to this
#punwrap {width: 800px}

Thanks alot!

Now the width for the main page is 800px, but now i need everything to be 800 px width.

like the post, there the input field is wider hat 800, and everything gets screwed up.

Where can i change so everything is 800px width? or do you know all the diffrent places i have to change
to make it work?

From

MiXmAsTr

Are you sure?
I changed the forum width using the same method, and everything moves to fit inside of that...

The input field for posts (textarea) is variable width i.e. a percentage so it should scale with the page. Do you have a link to your site.

Paul wrote:

Item 5.1 in Oxygen.css
change this
#punwrap {margin:12px 20px}
to this
#punwrap {width: 800px}

i tried this and all it did was take away the margins and the board is all the way to the edge of my screen. it's a FRESH stock version of the oxygen css from 1.2.4. any ideas? any help is appreciated.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

10 (edited by Paul 2005-03-21 23:00)

The question asked how to make the board 800px wide, nobody said anything about wanting it aligned anywhere in particular. If you want it aligned centrally then

BODY {text-align: center}
#punwrap {width: 800px; margin: 12px auto; text-align:left}

If you configure your forum to 800x600 screen, don't take 800px (too large) : the max' width for a screen is in fact 770px

i'm building my board to fit inside a cms style i'm using that is a fixed 800px wide. i want the forum and frontpage to look similar.

@Paul: thanks i'll give it a try when i get home.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

thanks! it works.

much appreciated.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more