Topic: Multi-categoried forum with PunBB?

I am trying to make a forum that has categories, subcategories, AND subsubcategories.  Can anyone tell me if PunBB can make it happen?

Re: Multi-categoried forum with PunBB?

Yohei Sato wrote:

I am trying to make a forum that has categories, subcategories, AND subsubcategories.  Can anyone tell me if PunBB can make it happen?

Not without heavy modding.
Are you talking about sub-forums (child-boards....whatever....)?

I don't know if it is called child-board elsewhere.  What I'm looking for is something like this:

USA>California>Los Angeles>Restaurants

I would like to create a forum that has a sort of directory structure.  I use phpBB for my forum now, but phpBB only has categories and forums.  And these two levels are not enough for what I am trying to achieve.

Those are normally called "subforums." PunBB does not have them. You can try Unclassified NewsBoard. I haven't used it, but it seems to have this feature.

PunBB is made to be light and fast, not to have tons of features... and although there are lots of mods that add features, I don't think there are any that add subforums.

Thanks, graue.

I will try the link you have kindly given me.

Although I will not be using PunBB this time, I really want to tell you all that it is a great project.  I really like the concept (speed, look and feel, too!) and how you all achieved.  Really marvellous.  Too bad for me that it doesn't have the subforum function.  Good luck with the project!!!