Topic: User list??

Hi to all,
I know, the following question has been asked and asked but i did not read any positive reply.

To use PunBB, i absolutely need the option "hide user list to guests" with the not permitted message.
This option exists, but don't work:(
In functions.php it is even clear that this link shouldn't be removed ????
I tried few things but unfortunately i have not been successful, i can hide it of course but for members too:-).
Do i have to forget PunBB?

Good night,
Bob.

Re: User list??

Try adding this at line 33 of userlist.php

if ($pun_user['is_guest'])
   message($lang_common['No permission']);

For the sake of completeness you are probably going to have to add the same line to profile.php otherwise your guests will be able to look up the profiles by linking from usernames on other pages.

If you want to get rid of the link from the menu, change line 236 of functions.php to this

if (!$pun_user['is_guest'])
      $links[] = '<li id="navuserlist"><a href="userlist.php">'.$lang_common['User list'].'</a>';

Paul wrote:

For the sake of completeness you are probably going to have to add the same line to profile.php otherwise your guests will be able to look up the profiles by linking from usernames on other pages.

Which will mess up forums with email verification of new passes enabled smile

I didn't think of that probably because I have never used email verification. In fact, I can't even remember how it works smile

EDIT: Smartys, I don't get it. Why is it a problem?

Thanks Smartys, it works fine.
The problem i had is that i forgot to modify profile.php, furthermore, i have no problem with emeil verification.

Regards,
Bob.

Because the URL you get that actually does the changing is a profile.php link
And if you're using forgot pass, you're not logged in

Hum!!!!
Yes, i see..... ok will try to sort it out.

Hi Smartys,

OK, by adding

if ($pun_user['is_guest'])
   message($lang_common['No permission']);

Just before the page should be displayed, it works fine including of course if the user has lost his password.
Just add it line 884 just after // view or edit?

Bob.

I actually think PunBB doesn't allow guests to view profiles if guests viewing a forum is disabled.