Topic: Bandwidth?

Hey everyone. I'm really considering using PunBB over phpBB for several reasons, one of them being the amount of bandwidth being used. I just would like to know about how much bandwidth PunBB uses. I am asking because I have phpBB at the moment, and with only a meager six users, in one night, we ate up 200MB of bandwidth. I want to lower this amount as much as possible. Also, I wanted to know if there were a place that I can find styles for PunBB if I decide to use this software.

Re: Bandwidth?

there aren't many styles for punbb 1.2 t the moment...

as for bandwidth you will probaby use alot less espcially if you have gzip on, how many hits were you geting before? 200mb seems extreme, mypunbb.com used 11gig with 750,000 hits with gzip off

I know it does sound outrageous. Also, does gzip come with punbb or is there a place I can get it?

its an admin option

Hey, I just installed PunBB, and it says I have to copy code into config.php. Where is this file?

You have to create the file based on the data install.php spat out. Just create a new file, paste the stuff in, and rename it config.php