Topic: Gap underneath the avatar

I have no idea where else to put this. But if you look at this post, you'll see the signature picture going all the way to the left, and there's a gap between the email/website and the Online tab.

any ideas what's going on and how to stop this from happening?

Re: Gap underneath the avatar

have a look at your markup you have loads of stuff before

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

<html dir="ltr">
<head>

might not be the problem but could be

Quite. The page is a disaster waiting to happen. In fact in Firefox none of the stuff above PunBB shows up at all.

More specifically, this line in the colour scheme stylesheet needs fixing.
DIV.postright, DIV.postfootright  { border-left: #f1f1f1 }
It should be {border-left-color: #f1f1f1}

I couldn't find it, but is there any documentation on how the new CSS files work? mostly I just hunt and peck and save and preview.

I see you found it. Much better. You have a load of markup inside <head> which should be inside <body>. Just take a look at what goes where in your other pages.

I put all that html on top of the PHP cause I had no idea where to put it. I still don't.

I guess I'm looking for either

//body stuff goes here

or

THIS IS WHERE YOU PUT YOUR STUFF>>>>>>>>

I really have no idea what I'm doing most of the time. maybe if there was some way to put some flashing lights in there...

have you read the manual? look in main.tpl

where is the manual? I looked in the download and on the site, and I can't find anything on .tpl. maybe I'm just missing it.

but I've got my ugly hacks out and I'm using it how it's supposed to be used. I wished I'd found out about the .tpl earlier. I don't know how I missed that.

http://punbb.org/docs/

It is also included in the download archive.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I just figure out what I was doing. in the FAQ, the part about header and footer comes right after two questions about smileys, so my mind turned off. thanks for the help.