Topic: Thanks for PunBB

Just wanted to say thanks for this amazing product!

I came across it this week after having been in the market for a no-nonsense message board for quite some time now.  All the other boards insist on offering their users a zillion useless features, which bogs them down incredibly.  After installing PHPBB, Invisionboard, and vBulletin, I had to go in and disable all the frills which could be disabled through the control panel, then go into the code/html to disable those that couldn't.

PunBB is by far the fastest forum software I've ever used, which I'm sure will be conducive to improved discussions on my upcoming site.  Its low feature count and its CSS-based design (no nested tables four levels deep...) are important achievements.  This is in keeping with ideas discussed elsewhere such as Less is ... More Satisfying ("...we just cut down the feature list by about 2/3. Wow does that feel good...") and Building Communities with Software ("Small software implementation details result in big differences in the way the community develops, behaves, and feels.").

Keep up the excellent work!

Adam M

Re: Thanks for PunBB

Thank you for the kind words. It's nice to hear someone not requesting a new feature every now and then smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."