Topic: Convert from Phorum.org (3,5)

Please know anybody how do this?? Thanks

Re: Convert from Phorum.org (3,5)

I'm want to convert phorum 5.0.11

Does anybody know how ?

I recommend that you speak to Chacmool. He's the author of the PunBB Migration Tool. If you ask him nicely, maybe he'll consider adding Phorum support.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

dunno how well it would work (you might just get twice as many problems) but you might be able to convert it twice e.g. Phorum-phpbb-punbb if you want to do it now and not wait for chacmool - http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=26364

phorum.org 3.x to phpBB 2.0.x

he would need to convert 5.0.11

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

oh well i didn't read it, but i'm sure you can convert phorum to something that can be converted to punbb..

It's not been much programming lately... not much punbb at all actually (I had FIVE pages of new topics when I visited the forum today :))

I might be able to help you. Though, it's much easier for me to do the conversion tool if I have a "real" database to do it on. Could you send me a sql-dump of your database for me to test with?

Hi,

did take some time, but I've got the sql dump and will send it to your mail now.

grtz,
Jeronimo

Hi Chacmool,

Dit you receive the database ?

Grtz,
Jeronimo

jeronimo wrote:

Hi Chacmool,

Dit you receive the database ?

Grtz,
Jeronimo

Yes I did smile

And I also made the converter, almost done now. It converts the forum data, but I've not changed anything related to BB-code and such stuff. Is BB-code included in Phorum per default, or is it a addon? (I checked the official forum, and I saw no sign of any BB-code support there).

I'll make some more changes today, and mail you the converter today or tomorrow morning.

11 (edited by jeronimo 2005-01-25 12:29)

Hi Chacmool,

I get the following error :

An error was encountered
File: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/sammyfilez.com/httpdocs/forum/migration/functions.php
Line: 91

Converter reported: Unable to fetch table list
Database reported: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'IN `phorum_sammyfilez` LIKE '%users'' at line 1 (Errno: 1064)

That's about this part :

// Get list of "proabable" prefixes
            $prefix_list = '';
            $res = $fdb->query('SHOW TABLES IN '.$_SESSION['php_db'].' LIKE \'%'.$tables['Users'].'\'') or myerror('Unable to fetch table list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $fdb->error());
            while($ob = $fdb->fetch_row($res))
            {
                $prefix = substr($ob[0], 0, strlen($ob[0]) - strlen($tables['Users']));
                $prefix_list .= '   <a href="?page=settings&newprefix='.$prefix.'">'.$prefix.'</a><br>'."\n";
            }

Grtz,
Jeronimo

I don't see where there can be anything wrong here... This SQL-query should be no problem to run:

SHOW TABLES IN punbb LIKE '%users'

Or am I missing something? Different SQL-versions, user permissions and so on...

13 (edited by bubach 2005-02-01 13:46)

SHOW TABLES FROM punbb LIKE '%users'

bubach wrote:
SHOW TABLES FROM punbb LIKE '%users'

Ohh... that explains it smile Thanks!

No problem.. smile

Is this converter available? I'd like to try out PunBB, but will need to convert a Phorum installation.

Thanks!

MtDewVirus wrote:

Is this converter available? I'd like to try out PunBB, but will need to convert a Phorum installation.

Thanks!

It is.

It's availible from PunBB's download page. Though, it's not the latest version, so I'll send you the converter by mail instead. I'm gonna send Rickard the updated converter later today hopefully, when I've made some more tests on it.

The download page has now been updated as well.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I have used punBB and have heard rave reviews, I would love to try it, will this conversion script work for Phorum 5.0.14a?

trakman: I can't make any promises, but I believe it will.

Hmm, he didn't say it...

Be sure to make a backup of your DB before trying!

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);