1 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2005-03-23 18:12)

Topic: n00b friendly imagemagick installation/use help

is there any documents that describe in easy to understand terms on how to install imagemagick on a localhost for testing galleries and the like? or is that the purpose of imagemagick?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Re: n00b friendly imagemagick installation/use help

As far as I know, imagemagick is mostly for image manipulation. You won't need it if you're just trying for a gallery.

well alot of gallerys needs imagemagick or GD to create thumbnails (GD is easy to install afaik)

GD is bundled with PHP, all you need to do is turn it on. How you do this (and how you would install IM) depends largely on your operating system. What OS are you using ?

winxp with WAMP package, ie: php 5.0.3 and mysql 4.1.8

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Installing imagemagick is just a matter of running the installer. At least, that's all I had to do the last time I did it in Windows.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Imagemagick has better render and less CPU load. Simply better (I use it for all my sites)

ok so if i just run the installer, which i found, any gallery i use should find it now? or i should be able to point to it in whatever settings i need? thanks for the help guys.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

why didn't anyone mention all i had to do was un comment a single line in my php.ini? i geuss i should use google more often then huh? tongue
thanks for the replie guys.

will having imagemagick be any better? is it usefull for me at all in just testing galleries?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

because you asked for imagemagick not GD tongue

next time i won't even try mad

tongue

you're right... my bad.

all good now.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more