Topic: How do I automatically subscribe to threads that I post in?

How do I automatically subscribe to threads that I post in? I always have to do it manually for every post.

Re: How do I automatically subscribe to threads that I post in?

Why would you want to subscribe to every single topic you post in? If I did that, I would receive hundreds of e-mails every day.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Why wouldn't I? Anyways, it's a feature that is found in other forum software such as vBulletin, Invision, phpBB, just to name a few.

lol, just because "everyone else does it" doesn't mean its right wink

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be available, either.

Gary King: I see where you're coming from and I partly agree. If feature A is available in one particular bulletin board and not available in another, someone will eventually miss it. Thing is. PunBB's goals are to be as lean, clutterfree and fast as possible. Lean and fast usually translates to easy on the server. Believe it or not, but when people subscribe to each and every topic they post to, sending out all those e-mails as soon as someone replies can actually put some load on the server. This I want to prevent.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."