Topic: Not displaying posts

I encountered the following problem: I have got a topic http://www.bulgaricus.com/forum/viewtop … 0&p=34 where the last post is from today, but when I browse the topic the last page is 34 and the last post on it is from 14.03.2005. What is the problem?

Re: Not displaying posts

What happens if you post a new message and then delete it?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

The odd thing is that I visited the page and after some navigating back and forth it eventually showed 35 pages and the latest posts, but it only did it once. It is also showing the number of replies as 843 when there are at least 850.

Hmm. I would like to see what happens when someone posts a new message.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I posted new message and then deleted it, but nothing changed. The last posts are not displayed. When you try to reply in the preview there are all posts.

I wonder if something has happened to the guest account. Make sure there's a user called Guest that has id set to 1 and group_id set to 3.

7 (edited by montom 2005-04-20 05:32)

Similar problem here.

* Trying to access larger threads (70+ posts) will intermittently send me to the top of the last page oddly containing posts up to a year ago and none of the ones posted since then.

* Waiting a few minutes and reloading may then show posts up to several days ago, but the most recent ones still missing from the thread.

* Wait a few more minutes and reload, and the page may stay the same, revert to posts from a year ago again, or if lucky show everything properly and up to date.

* Within twenty minutes the thread returns to normal without problems. Then it messes up again several hours later, each time taking about 15-20 mins for the problem to disappear once more.

* During the error, post numbers are incorrect. What shows up as post #100 in the thread will later become post #88, for example, once the error goes away and all the newer posts reappear.

*(edit: the post numbers are off because some earlier posts duplicate themselves during the error - three or four of the same ones in a row, these disappear when the newer posts reappear. Weird indeed, perhaps a dimensional anomaly, haha. I'll roll back to 1.2.4 and see if that works.)

This started happening after I upgraded to 1.2.5 -- whether that is coincidental timing or related to 1.2.5 I'm not sure. The problem happens to guests, members, and administrators - although logging in sometimes corrects it.

wow effectivly this is pretty weird

did you apply these?
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=39852#p39852

Connorhd wrote:

did you apply these?

Ah, so this is the annoying bug. Thanks, just applied the fixes and it's fixed.

I applied too, and my problem was solved. Thanks for the help!