Topic: Template Question

Hello,

I have edited template to run PunBB on my site within my site header. I have tables and Java Script using on my site header. Anyway I just edited templates and works fine with IE. But I have problem with other browsers like Opera, Netscape, Firefox, etc... my tables are displayed improperly. Of course I have edited main.tpl, admin.tpl, etc.

Then I've looked into details and try remove this:-

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

Then all browsers works fine with my header setting.

As I am not a experienced programmer, I don't know wheter this code is somehow important. Would you kindly advise whether it is alright for me to do this?

Thanks and appreciated.

MENatWEBSITE.com
Web Development Service, New South Wales, Australia.

Re: Template Question

If you remove that you will sooner or later find that PunBB has display problems. The doctype indicates that PunBB is written using XHTML 1.0 Strict markup. Some browsers use doctype switching i.e. they render pages either in strict mode if the doctype is present or quirks mode if it's not. What is happening here is the markup for your templates is written to work in quirks mode and PunBB is written to work in strict mode. Can you post a link to your website so I can see your sites heading/source?

Thank you for your prompt response and advice. I have just emailed you to ps@post21.co.uk for my link address.

MENatWEBSITE.com

You have email.

Thank you very much Paul. I really appreciated. Have a nice day!

Cheers,

MENatWEBSITE.com