Re: Chatrooms and PunBB

sorry but thats horrible tongue constant refreshing, how annoying

hi all, I see that everyone like to have chatmod. I really like to re-write ChatBox, it will still using PHP and JavaScript. Plan features are:

- low bandwidth required
- No MySQL database required
- Smilies, bb codes
- Sound alert on new messages
- Admin plugin
- integrated with PunBB

What do you think?
(I still busy at this time with my final exam at college, so maybe it will delay on release)

sounds good

Well, my host for Indocron doesn't allow IRC scripts, so it doesn't work on there. But 1 out of 2 of my hosts do allow it tongue. The problem is that every user in it requires their own connection, which ties up the server sad

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

I like CGI:IRC but you need permission to execute CGI-scripts on your server. CGI:IRC is written in Perl and the interface is very clean.

PHP:IRC also seems like a good idea but I don't think it's as stable and nice as CGI:IRC (yet).

you need more than that, you need permission to execute irc scripts, no host i have ever used has let me run it even though they allow other cgi stuff

Hey Connor,

Any updates on ur chatroom... got it running yet?

sorry i'm really busy atm, its my last couple of weeks of college and i have loads of work to do, i'll have loads of time in a couple of weeks but until then i've just go to work

Connorhd wrote:

sorry i'm really busy atm, its my last couple of weeks of college and i have loads of work to do, i'll have loads of time in a couple of weeks but until then i've just go to work

Finals.

That's good stuff.

lol, the big thing atm is computing coursework, i don't think they consider forum mods proper entries for projects sad

Connorhd, I am eagerly waiting for your mod. What's the status?

sorry about the delays, i guess i'm just lazy... anyway here it is

http://punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=443

supports usergroup permissions, multiple languages, multiple styles, clickable smilies etc...